$1.2 MILLION IN REGIONAL CONSERVATION PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (RCPP) FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR WILDFIRE RESTORATION & OTHER SAGEBRUSH ECOSYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
Conservation funds are available for landscape enhancement and restoration within sage grouse habitat areas. The Sagebrush Ecosystem Program anticipates cost-sharing on actions that will assist landowners as well as improve habitat for sage grouse. Improvements in wildfire affected areas will be a priority of this funding cycle, although habitat improvements throughout Greater Sage Grouse habitat areas will be approved if funding allows. The 1st deadline for applications is November 16th, 2018, and applications submitted thereafter will likely be reviewed in the Spring of 2019.
- Sagebrush establishment
- Weed and pre-emergent treatments
- Watering infrastructure
- Meadow/riparian improvements
- Prescribed, targeted, or deferred grazing
- Brush management
- Other practices are also available
- An applicant receives an estimate of potential credits within the Nevada Conservation Credit System.
- Applicants with projects of special merit or in need of timely application of practices to reduce resource problems may request a waiver to start the practice prior to contract obligation. Participants must meet all eligibility requirements and practices must meet all NRCS design requirements and specifications.
- Improvements on public allotments may be eligible.
- Participants are to self-certify for Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) requirements. Participants who exceed gross AGI thresholds for participation may request a waiver to the AGI requirements through RCPP.
Nevada’s Sagebrush Ecosystem Technical Team will assess habitat eligibility, estimate potential credits, assist with application materials, and connect you with your local NRCS staff. For more information, contact Ethan Mower (Agriculture) 684-8600 X 25 email@example.com or Kathleen Petter (State Lands) 684-8600 X 24 firstname.lastname@example.org